About Me

My photo
I'm a Mom in Training and a Grown up in Progress. I'm a hot mess 6 out of 7 days a week. I constantly stop to make sure I didn't forget a kid somewhere, always leave something out for the dog to destroy, usually misplace my keys, cell phone, hair brush, and remote every 30 minutes or so and never remember to refill the diaper bag. I struggle on a daily basis with the fact that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Join me while I learn how being a grown up doesn't mean you actual have to grow up.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Job: Growing up persists

Exactly! I know I post all about being a stay at home mom and now a new job?  Again the surprises of being a grown up have found me.  As I finally accepted my role of stay at home mom and the hard work and stress of figuring out how to plan a budget on 1 income a phone call rings.  Its the human resources lady about the job I thought for sure I didn't get. 
Needless to say, the grown up thing to do is except the job and be able to have more money to provide for our family.  The good news is, is that it is just a per Diem position so I get to pick when and if I work and the shifts I sign up for.  I'm excited to be able to have extra money to pay off bills, save for vacations and stuff but I am not committed to be away from my family everyday.  I am still going to follow the guidelines I started on being able to save money, because I don't want to count on my working to pay our bills.  We want my paycheck to be extra so that if I don't work it isn't the end of the world.

On a happy note, my first outing of couponing saved me $48.00 YAY!  It could have been better but I did have the hubby and 3 kids with me.  NEW GOAL: Go ALONE!

My new adventure at the new job begins on June 3rd...grown up world Here I come!

Wish me Luck,

Agent M

No comments:

Post a Comment